By Ellie Muraca
January 8, 2015
This is not your average story of boy meets girl. Violence, epic struggle, social inequality and love despite the circumstances are only some of the classic themes in this year’s school musical West Side Story.
Sound enticing? Here’s everything you need to know about this years spring musical:
- Anyone can join. If you have the time to commit to the weekly rehearsals, the two weeks of tech rehearsals and the 5 performances, you’re all set to go.
- Auditions are the week of January 12th and end on the 16th. Sign ups for audition slots are held outside of Ms. Michel’s room in B202A. You must participate in both a singing and a dance audition if you would like to be in the musical. Singing auditions are solo and dance auditions are in groups.
- Rehearsals start January 19th and will go from 4 to 6:30.
- Tech weeks are Monday, April 27 through Friday, May 1, and Monday, May 4 through Thursday, May 7. All cast members must be in attendance. Expect the tech week rehearsals to go longer, sometimes until nine.
- Not interested in stage performance? No worries! You can participate through working on the stage set, working backstage on tech, etc.
- For more information and participation contracts, email Ms. Michel at
Categories: Arts and Culture